search

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Visit Aceh

In this few days I just miss my computer. Since came back from Aceh. This is the second and third chance to use computer. I would like to share my story during visiting Aceh, I wrote this story in Bangkok. Please enjoy…
Tuesday 27 February I got the ticket, feedback and test sheets that delivery by association guys. Wednesday morning went to bank to pick up new ATM pin (1 month delayed) using public bus, well it’s work, oh I met Rosi in that ATM. At 10.30 I reach the airport bus station, fortunately just in time to leave.
Arrive at the airport at 12.10, make prayer and then boarding.
Whilst waiting I met a man that reading ‘Quatum Ikhlas” book and we had an interesting conversation. Furthermore he talked that he had learn Neuro Language Program since 1997 that in the company where I work just few people had that training.
On airplane I met a neighbor (in Bogor baru) that her family in Medan and a men that his interest in investment.
She told me about how she manages her daughter (at SMP 2nd level). A little bit strict actually but with clear argumentations and good roles. Also she told me about how she manages her work environment in her office. She will slap me if she knew what I am doing with men. I forgot the detail. This is the Medan air port picture


Arrive at 5pm at Banda Aceh.

Well… the man that would pick up me did not appears anywhere, no paper say my name, so I just sat and look around he could be late … I guess.
Few minutes later a man with the cement uniform (I knew this color since last year), he said that there was another people from India he should picked up and there is people from cement competitor looking for me. Yes I already know him since Feb 07. It’s good to have friend in somewhere even competitor guys. This competitor guys was already in Aceh since last Sunday.
The trip from air port to hotel (?) took 30 minutes, the India guy was dropped at medium house size called guest house. The driver is an employee that will join the class along the trip told me that house is rent around IDR 225mio p.a. Surprisingly the guest house is large enough but it was not sufficient maintenance such gardening, wall paint and ceiling looks old and the most important is the bath room piping is not well arranged.
At 7 pm the house keeper told us that dinner was ready.

Next day in the morning went to lok nga, the distance is around 20 km and took 30 minutes ride by car.
The view is mostly hills that exploited partly for land fill. Ex tsunami still appears in some place like unfinished bridge of lokNga.
Arrived at the cement office at 7.55 and we were waiting for readiness of the room. At 8.15 the class begun with plant location (by Google Earth), games and lectures until 16.00. No problem with prayer or break time. I just started with few people and did not wait for class is ready. During the class my boss sms me that the Bangkok course advance is ready in low budget and I ask for more budget.
I met couple friends from current company I work for. They talked about some of friend with the same back ground were leave and only 3 people remaining.
In the night I took a walk to the main city to buy some t-shirt, local food and taste original local food like mie-Aceh, pinang juice. Back to the guest house at 9.30pm
Following days was lectures again and Jum’at prays at famous LokNga mosque that the only building survive in tsunami 3 years ago and conduct a post test.

The post test result is surprise, more than I was estimated. During the class my boss confirmed that the Bangkok course advance was ready at correct number.
After the class I went back to Jakarta. Luckily in Jakarta the Damri bus still available but the traffic was crowd and took 2.5 hours instead 1.5 hours, I slept during the trip.

No comments: